compensation: $12.00 per hour to start. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Administrative Assistant for Church (Unity of Wilmington)
Reports to: Co-Minister Responsible for Administration
A. General Description of Position:
The Administrative Assistant serves by providing oversight for the daily operations of Unity of Wilmington. S/he fosters an atmosphere of friendliness, cooperation, service to members, teamwork, concern for responsiveness, accountability, and efficient task completion.
• Works closely and cooperatively with both co-ministers in all matters related to meeting the administrative needs of the spiritual community.
• Ensures that the daily operations of the church office along with their principal programs and activities run smoothly at all times through proper management and use of support tools.
• Coordinates the business and support functions of the church having oversight responsibility for all day-to-day operational matters, including scheduled events and the physical plant (building and grounds).
• Serves as administrative assistant to the co-ministers providing support for Sunday service preparation, church calendar, publicity, correspondence, etc.
• Maintains harmonious relationship with staff, congregation, volunteers, observers, and church employees while observing ethical boundaries and confidentiality.
C. Specific Responsibilities:
• Monitors and enhances systems that ensure the proper handling of all daily office functions, including reception, phones and phone greetings, mail, computers network, copying, filing, mailing, correspondence, supplies, and church service related administrative duties.
• Publishes regular communication streams: weekly bulletin, weekly e-blast, website, etc.
• Coordinates special events, both spiritual based and social, as requested.
• Supervises office volunteers.
• Has oversight responsibility for the maintenance of files: church membership, church mailing lists, and Unity Worldwide Ministries interface.
• Completes all licensing requirements for all church departments and activities.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, and other meetings as requested including quarterly Town Hall and Annual Membership meetings.
• Engages in prudent practices for the financial management of the church.
• Wednesday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
• Sunday, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
• Special Events, negotiable flex-time
Please contact via email: Revmindy@unitywil.com.
Please include your resume with references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers