Who Are We?
For two decades, APECS has been recognized as a leader in the delivery of expertise driven project management and value based engineering solutions. Our expertise is focused on the design, construction, start-up, and operation of large and small-scale industrial facilities. APECS is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Visit us at http://www.apecsinc.com.
In partnership with C2e Renewables NC, APECS is preparing for the construction, commissioning, startup and validation of a new $75 MM biogas generation site to be located in Warsaw, North Carolina.
C2e Renewables NC is a leading-edge renewable energy development company that was created to foster clean energy biogas projects delivering sustainable fuels to the U.S. market. Visit us at www.c2-energy.com.
What Is The Opportunity?
APECS is looking for a Project Engineer with construction management experience, ideally with large-scale commercial construction projects to support our partnership with C2e Renewables NC. The position will be located in Warsaw, North Carolina.
This is a full time, project-based position (expected duration 14 months) with potential for additional project work in other locales upon successful completion or continued work on the NC project. You will work as part of a cross-functional team of design engineers, estimators, contractors and commissioning agents.
Responsibilities to include:
• Project administration and support
• Generating and tracking RFI’s
• Generation of detailed/accurate documentation
Who Are You?
You are will have at least two (2) years related project engineering and/or hands-on experience in a commercial construction environment. You will be a hands-on individual with strong mechanical aptitude as well as and solid communication skills. You are a customer-focused team player with excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task.
Your background will include:
• At least 2 years’ related experience with a General Contractor or construction firm
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering a plus but not required
• Experience in one or more of the following market segments helpful:
o Wastewater treatment
o Renewable Energy
o Oil and Gas
o Power Plants
o Industrial plants
• Experience writing and resolving RFI’s and related construction details
• Experience creating and managing activity logs and schedules
• Knowledge of subcontracting and purchase orders
• Demonstrated knowledge of change management and scheduling methods
• Demonstrated ability to Interface effectively with subcontractors, property owners and other team members
• Experience maintaining records, as-builts, posted drawings, shop drawings, RFI’s, etc.
• Demonstrated success when it comes to collaborating effectively with Project Managers and Superintendents
• Knowledge of safety programs
• Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated skills in good judgment and sound decision making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
You must be willing and able to work a flexible work schedule when the job demands it.
It is anticipated that after completion of the North Carolina project the selected individual will move on to other similar projects throughout the country. Travel away from the work location, typically to Colorado, will be less than 20%
APECS stands by its belief in work-life balance, in addition to offering a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including a 401k and bonus plan program.
Are You Ready?
If you are ready to join a powerful, diverse and collaborative team of experienced engineering professionals, this is your chance. If you meet the qualifications we describe above, please send us your resume as a Word or PDF attachment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers