Lower Elementary Lead Teacher Job Description
QR Code Link to This Post
TEACH at the BEACH!
Island Montessori Charter School (IMCS), which opened its doors in 2013 in Carolina Beach, NC, is seeking an experienced, dynamic Montessori educator for our Upper Elementary classroom to provide Montessori experience in a K-8 public Montessori charter school. The Lead Teacher will serve as a guide who helps direct the students’ activities academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas, while always upholding the Montessori philosophy and the school’s mission.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education • Lower Elementary (6-9) Montessori certification from an accredited organization (such as AMS, AMI, or MACTE)
• Three+ years classroom teaching experience desired, but not required • NC State Teaching License or ability to obtain one • Willingness to create positive, child-centered education environment • Professional demeanor, speech, and appearance • High educational ethics and discretion
• Prepare the classroom environment in accordance with Montessori principles
• Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests,
and abilities of the students
• Carefully observe and keep records of each student’s individual progression
• Monitor student progress, maintaining and submitting records and reports deemed
necessary by IMCS
• Communicate regularly with the Assistant Teacher, other Lead Teachers, parents, and
administration as required
• Develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure and maintain order in the
classroom in a fair and just manner
Send your resume, cover letter, and three references.
The mission of Island Montessori Charter School is to enable children of diverse backgrounds to learn and grow at their own pace by offering a developmentally appropriate and challenging academic Montessori environment that models grace and courtesy and fosters a peaceful community of lifelong learners.
Island Montessori Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ethnicity, marital status, disability, military status or other legally protected classification