Physical Therapy Assistant (Wilmington, NC)
Hours are Monday - Friday, Hours between the hours of 7:30am - 5:00pm.
The Elderhaus PACE Center Physical Therapy Assistant is charged with providing physical therapy treatments and procedures under the direction of the PACE Physical Therapist. Implements Therapists' plans to provide a comprehensive program of individual and group physical therapy services. Assists in the development of treatment plans, carrying out routine functions, documenting the progress of treatment, and modifying specific treatments in accordance with patient status and within the scope of treatment plans established by a physical therapist.
• Provides input to PTs in preparation of initial & periodic assessments of participants
• Generates the team plan of care for each participant
• Participates as part of an Interdisciplinary Team member as required.
• Provides directed physical therapy for participants.
• Evaluates participant by applying diagnostic &prognostic procedures
• Evaluates participant's rehabilitation potential
• Participates in developing & revising participant's plan of care
• Implements a rehabilitation program established by the PT
• Reports participant's treatment response to the interdisciplinary team; changes treatment plan & goals accordingly.
• Instructs participant and family regarding in-home exercise,gait training, transfers, ADLs, home modification, care and use of equipment.
• Confers with participant & family regarding individual expectations including long and short term goals.
• Makes recommendations for equipment, transportation and community services referrals for participant as well as rehabilitative support for family.
• Demonstrates rehabilitative procedures to professional staff.
• Instructs paraprofessional staff regarding physical therapy modalities including body mechanics, use of equipment, bed mobility, transfers, gait patterns, home exercise program
• Maintains necessary record keeping functions pertaining to participant care and progress.
• Maintains productivity within program expectations.
• Keeps confidentiality of participant records, reports and discussions.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to physically lift and assist participants in hands-on care.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform physical therapy procedures effectively and safely.
• Ability to work with people from different socio-cultural backgrounds in an effective manner.
• Ability to accept and apply supervision.
• Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program culminating in an associate's degree.
• Licensed by the NC Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
• CPR and First Aid certified
• Minimum of one year providing physical therapy services for a frail or elderly population.
• Experience working with an interdisciplinary team and performing comprehensive geriatric assessments preferred.
TO APPLY: Please respond to this posting or apply in person at our 2222 S. 17th Street office.
Posting ID: 4135506267