U.S. Department of State | Civil Engineer (OCONUS--Wilmington, NC)
compensation: Excellent with benefits.
LOCATION: Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Prospective employee shall provide field engineering, inspections and subject matter expertise to U.S. Government Project Directors on diplomatic construction projects located worldwide. Projects may include upgrades, renovations, additions or new construction including utility systems and real property facilities. Individual must be able to coordinate with other engineering and office staff in the areas of planning, project coordination, project scheduling and cost management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical expertise to Client's on-site Project Director and Construction Management Staff. Expertise may include supervision, design, survey or inspection of construction activities associated with structures, facilities or utility systems.
• Responsible for technical documentation and review of work in progress by contractor(s).
• Oversee compliance with Client standards for project design, delivery, QA/QC process and regular project reporting.
• Perform engineering calculations and prepare reports in support of project work.
• Assist Project Director in the overall coordination of construction activities to maximize productivity and maintain schedule
• Assist in the review of contingency and recovery plans offered by contractor. Monitors performance against such plans providing quality assurance reporting.
• Communicate and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and offices
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
• Bachelors degree from accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering located in the United States
• Minimum of 10years of experience in Civil Engineering with specific on-site construction experience across all phases of project delivery
• Knowledge of civil engineering concepts principles and practices a familiarity with other engineering disciples and architecture.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and apply general engineering rules and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to other engineers.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials and equipment to determine compliance with Client codes and regulations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Auto CAD
• Strong client management skills
For consideration please reply to this posting with an attached resume and/or contact information.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers