EHSA Engineer (Wilmington, NC)
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,600 employees worldwide and had 2011 net sales of $6.8 billion, with approximately 73% generated outside of North America. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its global product offerings, visit www.celanese.com.
Conducts safety audits of buildings, facilities, tools and equipment; Determines safety training requirements and provides employees with safety training applicable to their work processes. Investigates accidents to determine the root cause, circumstances, and contributing factors. Develops recommendations and follow up to prevent accident recurrence. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of government safety regulations. Writes Standard Work Practices to facilitate implementation of corporate safety policies to comply with OSHA and other safety and health requirements. Provides safety training to supervisor and worker groups. Maintains records on accidents and prepares appropriate reports.
• 5 Year's experience
• Bachelor's Degree in an EHS discipline, Engineering or a related field of study
• Demonstrated commitment to EHS excellence with prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
• Ability and willingness to effectively lead change.
• Ability to influence others and gain commitment to new ways of performing work.
• Must be able to work with other areas to resolve EHS issues and problems, and be able to exhibit a high degree of teamwork and cooperation.
• Ability to understand and apply CE and governmental requirements to assure ongoing workplace safety and regulatory compliance.
• Prior experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or related safety certification.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Apply online at: https://career-celanese.icims.com/jobs/5251/ehsa-engineer/job?mobile=false&width=900&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers