Lead Design Engineer (Charlotte region)
compensation: Open (DOE) + relo
Senior Project Design Engineer
Lead design projects to include concept development, design, test and validation, cost analysis, and scheduling maintenance and product implementation into production, as well as product support in the field.
• Create designs of products, components or subsystems using CAD.
• Perform complex stress/strength, performance and cost calculations
• Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
• Work closely w/Product Creation team on project realization.\ Oversee and lead the work of other design engineers assigned to specific projects.
• Identify and lead improvements to departmental processes and procedures.
• Remain knowledgeable of the latest developments in the engineering field, materials, design tools, manufacturing and assembly methods
• Interface both Internal /external Customers
• Indirect influence and contribution -Project budget, Investment Request Budgets, Component prices
• New product introductions and resolution of quality issues by implementing component and system designs.
• Innovation of products (design, functionality, performance )
Job Requirements :
• BSME or related technical field from an ABET certified college or university
• 7-10 or more years of relevant experience in NEW product development
• Project management experience designing/planning for high volume production
• Strong project management skills. 3D CAD modeling experience with CATIA v5 or similar.
• Demonstrated knowledge of FEA, DFM, DFA, and GD&T for part design
• Familiarity with numerical analysis and demonstrated capability to work with analysts on setting up numerical simulation models (FEA, CFD, etc.)
• Understands application of engineering principles and product engineering standards.
• Understanding of ECR/ECN process.
• Knowledge of industry governing and regulatory standards.
• Strong mechanical aptitude, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong initiative and the ability to be self directed
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and meet critical deadlines etc in face paced-environment.
• Flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events
• Ability to travel to domestic and/or international sites
• Proficiency at the intermediate to experienced level in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• Hands on experience working on and/or designing outdoor power equipment, tools, motorcycles, of road equipment, power snow riding equipment, etc
• Experience in designing hydraulic drive systems
• Experience in designing electrical drive systems
• Experience in design and/or application of electronic control systems to control
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers